Between 2012 – 2016 we ran a monthly Recovery Cafe in Henley – open to people in recovery or family members supporting the recovery journey of others. The cafe gave people the opportunity to meet others – a very powerful and necessary part of a healthy recovery journey.
We were always encouraged by how people said they felt able to be themselves, no pressure, no agenda, no judgement.
Highlights during this time include:
- Meeting more than 200 separate individuals who came through our doors.
- Hosting three Recovery Conferences with delegates inspired by the range of international, national and local speakers giving presentations on Recovery. These conferences have raised awareness of different charitable initiatives and organisations dedicated to raising awareness through recovery projects. See 2015, 2014 and 2013 photos and videos.
- Hosting the film showing, The Anonymous People, a film about the 23 million people in Recovery in the USA.
- Hosting the play ‘Mum can you lend me twenty quid’ about a family affected by drug addiction.
- Developing a broad volunteer base and hope to develop further initiatives that help people initiate and sustain Recovery.
Thank you to the amazing team at Cook Henley who gave us a discount for the cakes we bought for the Cafe.